FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Top-Ranked Distance Learning Institute for Management Programmes
- Curriculum Bench marked with Global Institutions
- Over Three Decades of Expertise in Conducting Management Education Programmes through Open & Distance Learning.
- Intensive Personal Contact Programmes
- Live Interactive Lectures
- More than 30,000 Alumni across the Globe
- State-of-the-Art Learning Infrastructure
- Academic Flexibility to Optimize Student’s Learning
- Highly Experienced Faculty
- Industry Ready Curriculum
- Access to Recorded Lectures by Eminent Faculty 24×7
- Project Work in Student’s Own Work Environment
- Self-Paced Learning
IMT CDL offers the following programmes:
- Two Year Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- 15 Months Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive)
- 13 months Post Graduate Certificate in Management
Following programmes offered by IMT CDL are approved by AICTE:
- Two Year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management
- Fifteen Months Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive)
- Thirteen Months Post-Graduate Certificate in Management
IMT CDL is a standalone Institute and the programmes offered are regulated by AICTE. The UGC is the regulatory body for universities, colleges or institutes affiliated with a university.
We offer specialization in five areas – Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations, and Business Analytics.
Yes, over the long span of IMT CDL’s existence, we have developed, nurtured and served a number of corporates From MNC’s to manufacturing, insurance, banking, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Startups etc. we have continued to partner with reputed organizations for development and growth of their talent. Our programmes are designed to benefit working professionals without disrupting their professional and personal life. Some of our esteemed corporate learners are from the following organizations of repute:
NIRF, the ranking done by MHRD, has no provision for ranking any Open & Distance Learning institute like IMT CDL as yet. Our parent brand, IMT Ghaziabad, is always ranked among the top tier of institutes. For the latest ranking of IMT Ghaziabad, you can go to NIRF website and see the same.
A course credit provides a sense of coverage and time expected to be devoted by a learner for the course. The regulator, AICTE, prescribes 30 hours of total elapsed time for 1 credit. All of our courses as well as the project has been assigned 4 credits which means a total of 120 hours of time should be devoted to each of these comprising of online sessions, self-study, assignments, examinations and reading through all the related e-resources. Fifty-six credits assigned to a programme indicate that the programme comprises a total of 14 courses (including one project work worth 4 credits).
2 years PGDM is a full-fledged management programme with 3 semester of core courses and 1 semester of elective courses meant to develop the elementary to specialized knowledge about management in all categories of learners (since fresh graduates with zero industry experience are also eligible to join). PGDM (Executive) is an accelerated management programme of only 15 months duration meant for experienced working professionals (minimum eligibility of 5 years of work experience after graduation). Thus it does not have many basic management courses and provides only 1 semester of core courses and 1 semester of specialized elective courses.
Please see the answer to point no.3. These are two different programmes meant for different categories of learners and different objectives. Accordingly, their value in industry differs based on the job / role for which the candidate is applying. Since both the programmes are AICTE approved, they are fully recognized in industry as well as abroad.
IIMs as well as all top B-schools in the country (except those affiliated to universities) impart PGDM like IMT CDL. Many of them also impart PGDM (Executive) like we do.
Admissions are done twice a year – July and January. Admission window is as mentioned below:
January Session: October to March
July Session: April to September
Admission is subject to availability of seats in a programme for each session.
Aspirant may either apply online through IMT CDL website or send a Demand Draft of INR 1100.00 to IMT CDL Ghaziabad campus.
|Programme Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|2 Year PGDM||Graduation in any stream|
|15 months PGEM||Graduation + 5 years of full-time work experience after graduation|
|13 months PGCM||Graduation in any stream|
- Photocopy of the graduation degree or final year consolidated marksheet
- Photocopy of the High School Certificate (10th) for verification of date of birth, student’s and father’s name
- Photocopy of the Intermediate (12th) Certificate
- Two passport size color photographs
- ID Proof – Photocopy of Aadhar Card / Driving License / Passport
- Photocopy of the Certificate for verification of the Defense Personnel, SC/ST, War widows & persons with disabilities (Divyangjan) wherever applicable
- Experience Certificate wherever applicable
Note: In case of a foreign degree, submission shall be with approval of Ministry of HRD, Government of India, including copy of Passport and Study Visa. Rest of the Admission Process remains the same.
* IMT CDL has the right to deny admission to any candidate after verifying his credentials.
You can submit the documents in any of the following manner: Online submission of documents at the time of filling the Application Form Dispatch the photocopies of the documents to IMT CDL Ghaziabad campus Submit the document in person at IMT CDL Ghaziabad campus
A student is not permitted to undertake two programmes of IMT CDL at the same time.
Students enrolled in Two Year PGDM programme can opt for Dual Specialization by choosing five (5) more elective courses from another area. For Dual Specialization, a student has to study for one (1) additional semester and pay the applicable course fee.
|FEE STRUCTURE(in INR)|
|Programme||Semester 1*||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Two Year PGDM Programme||28500.00||27500.00||27500.00||27500.00|
|15 Months PGEM Programme||33500.00||32500.00||NA||NA|
|13 Months PGCM Programme||28500.00||27500.00||NA||NA|
*A one-time Alumni fee of INR 1000.00 is included in the Semester 1 fee.
Note: IMT CDL reserves the right to change the fee structure from time to time.
Fee is payable at the start of every semester in January/July.
- Online payment: Applicant can make the online payment through IMT CDL website using Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking (except International Cards). Academic fee can also be paid using Credit / Debit Card (except International Cards) swipe facility by visiting the IMT CDL campus at Ghaziabad.
- Offline payment: Applicant can submit Demand Draft which should be in favor of IMT-CDL payable at Delhi.
- Fee concession shall be given only to PGDM and PGCM candidates who are serving/retired defense personnel (Army, Air Force and Navy personnel only),SC/ST, War Widows and Handicapped
- Category for fee concession once indicated in the admission form shall not be allowed to be changed
Fee of INR 1100.00 charged for Application Form is non-refundable.
Fee refund is permissible only in specific cases. Please refer to the Refund Policy section of the Brochure/Website.
The applicant will be issued a 10 Digit Enrollment Number after successful submission of the semester fee and document verification. The same is sent through automated email to the applicant’s registered email id.
10 Digits Enrollment Number is generated after successful submission of applicant’s fees and document verification. The same is sent through automated email to student’s registered email id.
A student can download e-Identity Card from his/her student login after the generation of Enrolment Number.
The books are provided in two forms:
Physical Books: The Study Material in form of physical books is made available before the commencement of the classes for the regular courses. This is dispatched via courier service or Speed Post (where courier service is not available).
E-books: You may access E-books from the Learning Management System (LMS). The E-books are available within 15 days from the confirmation of fees.
The Learning Infrastructure comprises of the following:
- Learning Management System (LMS): IMT CDL has setup a world class Learning Management System (LMS) platform named as EduGenie which provides an exciting and immersive environment for learners anywhere, anytime. It allows the faculty full functionality to interact and collaborate with the students. The world class LMS platform of IMT CDL effectively creates learning environment through which students can get easy access to their Course Material, Learning Schedules, Recorded Lectures, Assessments, Feedback, Peer Learning and many more features that foster a community of continuous learning and improvement
- Live Online/Offline sessions: Online Learning Session/Offline Learning Session (OLS) is conducted in both offline and online modes. OLS sessions in offline mode for core courses are provided at IMT CDL Ghaziabad. OLS sessions for elective courses are held only in online mode. Microsoft Teams is used for the online sessions
- Student Information System (SIS): Student Information System (SIS) is a platform which provides complete information solution to our students. In Distance Education the receipt of correct and timely information is of paramount importance. SIS is one-stop solution for all the information needs of IMT CDL’s learners. All the information related to Projects, Assignments, Examinations, Marksheets, Academic & Fee Record etc. is systematically available at SIS which can be accessed by the students by applying user specific login details
The total teaching duration of each course is 12 hours. The schedule for respective course is designed and divided into various classes for the convenience of the students. This schedule is available in LMS before the commencement of the classes.
Under normal circumstances, classes for core courses are held in online/offline mode at IMT CDL campus. Academic Delivery Facilitation shall be online mode for Elective Courses in different Specializations.
Class schedule will be uploaded in your Learning Management System (LMS) portal.
Recording of all the sessions will be uploaded on Learning Management System (LMS) which student can access at any point of time.
Minimum i3 processor with 1.7 Ghz and above having 4 GB RAM with 1 Mbps uninterrupted internet bandwidth. System should have Window-8 & above Operating System with Microsoft Teams updated version installed
Online sessions can be attended from Mobile/Tablet devices having 4GB RAM & Octa core 2.0 GHZ with the availability of 4G or WiFi connection for best performance. Updated version of Microsoft Teams should be installed.
Students are advised to attend the sessions however it is not mandatory.
Maximum timeframe provided to complete the programme is double the stipulated duration of the programme. i.e 4 years for 2 year PGDM programme, 30 months for 15 month PGDM-Executive programme and 26 months for 13 months PGCM programme.
In exceptional situations a candidate can be permitted to reinstate the programme, if it has not been completed within the maximum timeframe provided subject to the discretion of the Institute and applicable fee prevailing at that time.
Link for updating the contact details is available in student’s SIS Login. Student should ensure that correct contact details are updated as and when there is a change. Failure to do so would result in important communication not reaching the student via email /SMS.
Click on Student Services link available on www.imtcdl.ac.in and select Student Zone->Student Information System. Register as a New User using 10 digit enrollment number as User Id and create your own password.
Please see the answer to point no. 1 for better clarity on this matter. There can be no standard answer to this question. It all depends on the individual learner’s interest, ability and motivation. When the online sessions are going on, generally 8-9 hours of the same are scheduled every week. Rest of the time needs to be devoted to self-study and assessments.
Each course has two components of assessment namely Assignment and End Term Examination (ETE).
- Assignments: Assignments are a very important aspect of the assessment system and an excellent tool for continuous evaluation
- End Tem Examination (ETE): ETE is a comprehensive examination to be conducted at the end of every semester
Pattern of assignments will be Multiple Choice Questions.
Pattern of examination is Multiple Choice Questions.
Multiple Choice Questions to test the:
- Analytical and conceptual comprehension ability
- Case or problem-solving ability
The End Term Examination (ETE) is held after every semester in June/July and December/January
Passing criteria is as follows:
- To be declared as ‘Pass’ in a course a student should secure 40 marks out of 100 marks in aggregate (Assignments and ETE combined) with minimum 25 marks out of 70 in ETE
- For every course student has to attempt two assignments of 15 marks each. Attempting the assignment is mandatory to be declared as ‘Pass’ in a course
- Project is to be submitted by the student in final semester in Two Year PGDM and in Project Term of 15 months PGDM (Executive) programme. The student should secure minimum 40% marks in Project Work in order to be declared as ‘Pass’
- In PGCM programme, student has to appear for comprehensive Viva Voce in the final semester. The student should secure minimum 40% marks in Viva Voce in order to be declared as ‘Pass’
For the successful completion of the program it is mandatory to clear each course.
There is no fee to be paid to attempt the End-Term Exams or assignments in the scheduled cycle. If a student does not appear in the scheduled ETE/assignment, his next attempt will be considered as reappear and student has to pay the applicable reappear fee. Presently reappear fee is INR 500.00 per attempt.
Scholastic achievement is classified under three heads:
- Ist Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 60% marks or above.
- IInd Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 50% marks and below 60% marks.
- IIIrd Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 40% marks and below 50% marks.
Students aggregating less than 40% marks are declared as unfit for Post-Graduate programmes.
A student shall be allowed to improve his performance in the End Term Examination (ETE) or assignment after taking approval from IMT CDL. A student can apply to improve his performance within one month after declaration of result.
Note: Performance Improvement is not applicable to Project work.
Since the maximum duration for completing any program is double the number of years of programme duration, a student can take re-admission further into next semester even if any of the assessments are pending
e-Mark Sheets can be downloaded by the students from their SIS accounts within 45 working days after declaration of the results. Timelines for issue of e-marksheets for different programmes are given below.
- Two Year PGDM programme – On an annual basis after completion of 1st and 2nd Year
- Fifteen Months PGDM (Executive) programme – After completion of 15 months
- Thirteen Months PGCM programme – After completion of 13 months inclusive of viva voce
In case of any query related to your assessments or academics concern you can connect up with dedicated Student Care Services team in any of the following modes:
- Call on Toll Free number 1800 102 1063 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Register the query (24X7) in Student Care portal available in the Student’s portal.
There is no provision of providing Grace Marks.
Under normal circumstances, AICTE mandates that the examinations for ODL programmes should be conducted in AICTE affiliated institutes or state universities and colleges. For every examination, IMT CDL declares a list of the examination centers and the learner is free to choose any center of her / his choice and convenience.At present due to Covid-19, AICTE has instructed us to conduct the examinations in Online remote proctored mode. Once the announcement for examination booking is given by IMT CDL, the learner books the date and time slot and attempts the exam from her / his machine by logging on the proctoring software and adhering to the guidelines given by IMT CDL.
The Foundation courses are the basic courses to prepare learners, coming from different qualification & backgrounds, in order to make them capable of pursuing management education. These are non-credit courses. It is mandatory to qualify the foundation courses for the award of diploma/certificate.Marks obtained in these courses will not be added to final score.
These are fundamental courses of management education which are mandatory for all students to study and qualify.
These are choice based courses which a management student can opt for based on his/her interest area of specialization or the career which he/she wants to pursue for example-Marketing, Finance, Operations etc.